About me:

I am currently a student at the University of South Alabama and I am working towards earning my English Education degree. I hope to become one of the best teachers in the country. I have always loved teaching and can remember teaching my younger sibling and my younger cousins how to do math, how to write, and how to read. I truly believe that it will be my job as a teacher to encourage my students and to show them that they are capable of anything.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Equality among my Students...

I believe that every student is an equal and has an equal chance to succeed. With that being said I know that some students will believe that they are worth nothing and will not try. I believe it is my job to never give up on these students and to show them that they can succeed! I will never pass a student if I believe they are not ready to go on in their studies. I believe this to be cruel to the students and to be robbing them of an education. It is my job as a teacher to show them the way to education. If I were to just pass every student because I could what kind of teacher would I be? I also believe it is my job as a teacher to build my students up and to NEVER tear them down. Children and teenagers are at vulnerable ages and I can promise you no matter how popular they seem, these students have somebody tearing them down, whether it be other students or people outside the school there is always someone there. If a teacher were to add on top of those where else does the student have to turn? I will not be the cause of a child's depression. I will play no favorites and everyone will be equal in my class. No teasing, no harassing, or anything of that nature will be tolerated in my class!

No comments:

Post a Comment