About me:

I am currently a student at the University of South Alabama and I am working towards earning my English Education degree. I hope to become one of the best teachers in the country. I have always loved teaching and can remember teaching my younger sibling and my younger cousins how to do math, how to write, and how to read. I truly believe that it will be my job as a teacher to encourage my students and to show them that they are capable of anything.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

My Dream

I want to be a teacher so bad I can taste it! I have always loved seeing the look on a student's face when he or she has the epiphany that he or she finally grasps what I am teaching them. I also now that teaching is one of the most influential (and underpaid) jobs in the world. Think about it for a minute, all of you reading this blog have had at least one teacher make a difference in your life, good or bad, he or she made a difference! I want to shape young minds to think for themselves and to think outside of the box most teachers want to put them in. I'm still learning how to do that but I can't wait! I volunteer at a local middle school right now and even though I find it challenging at times, I absolutely adore it and can't wait till I get a classroom of my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment